Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can You Pay Tickets With A Debit Card

"living sacrifice"


Therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, I ask each of you, in spiritual worship, offer your bodies as living sacrifice, holy and agradble to God

When my son Steve left home in the summer of 2006 to join the army, he knew the importance of their decision. He understood that once you enter the training camp for recruits in the naval base, would be giving up everything for a young man living. I was leaving behind his freedom, his guitar, his music and his girlfriend. He gave the right to make their own choices and to do what he liked. Indeed, said: "I'm making myself a living sacrifice. I do not do things for me I do them for the service of my country."
esteban The sacrifice that thousands of young people do when they enter the military service reminds me of what the apostle Paul taught in the passage in Romans 12:1 exhorts us to "present our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God "This means that we deliver our selfish ways and surrender completely to God. We endeavor to be "holy" in everything we do, have a pious carĂ¡ter (1 was Peter 1:6) which is acceptable to God.

was not easy for Stephen, who valued much individual freedom, give up everything for the navy. But he did. And it's not easy for us to fully entraga our will to God.
you willing to do likewise?
How can you and I be a living sacrifice for God today? JDB
Taken from Our Daily Bread - RBC Publications

0 comments:

Post a Comment